Saturday, February 22, 2014

21 Day Fix Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Morsels

When I first got my 21 DAY FIX Challenge pack in the mail--I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the size of the portion-controlled containers---and the feeling that the diet may be a little too restrictive. I never do well with restricting certain foods. Psychologically, it makes me want that food EVEN MORE---and sends me into a binge session...

So, I was SUPER EXCITED to find out that this program not only allows for MORE THAN ENOUGH food (honestly, it's tough to finish), but--it includes treats! Check out this recipe, straight from the program manual. 

When I made them, I only had raw organic walnuts---and a large bar of bittersweet baking chocolate. So, I just chopped those up, instead of the pecans and morsels. They came out great! Like a little oatmeal dream. Better yet--my husband enjoyed them, too! Give them a shot!


Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Morsels and Toasted Pecans (Container equivalent per serving - One Yellow Container)


*Nonstick cooking spray
*1 Cup old fashioned rolled oats
*1 tsp ground cinnamon
*1/4 tsp sea salt
*1 cup unsweetened applesauce
*1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
*1/4 chopped raw pecans, toasted

1. Preheat oven to 3502. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray. Set aside3. Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl4. add applesauce, morsels, and pecans; mix well.5. Drop by heaping Tbsp onto prepared baking sheet; flatten with a spatula6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment