Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Jamie's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins!

I am always looking for ways to eat healthfully on the go, and what I've found is that protein always seems to be the most difficult nutrient to "hit" with snacks and meals to go.
Typically, I would grab some kind of protein bar, nuts or a cheese stick, but I've been feeling like I need something new. I started out with my egg white muffins, which are great--but, then I came across this recipe from Jamie Eason (LOVE HER!). It sounded a little weird to me at first----turkey in a muffin---but, they are really delicious! Best yet, you can easily pack them with you for lunch and a side of raw veggies or salad.... I made them yesterday and they are delicious!  But, you can also use them for dinner--in perfectly portioned sizes! I would recommend having 2 as a protein serving--they are great for building lean muscle mass!


Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • /12 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp dried yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 small onion finely chopped
  • 2 celery stalks finely chopped
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Spray muffin pan with olive or canola oil.
  • Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
  • Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin tin.  Muffins should be about the size of raquet balls.
  • Bake for 40 minutes.
  • Makes 12 muffins.
Serving size 2 muffins for women and 4 for men.
Calories:  80 
Fat:  2 g
Carbs:  4 g
Protein:  11g





No comments:

Post a Comment